Frequently Asked Questions
A government grant of up to $15,000 towards your first home is available when you build your first home. The First Home Owner Grant (FHOG) is paid by the State Government to eligible first home owners. The team at First Home Buyers can also access Low Deposit Loans from a tiny 3% and pay less upfront, thanks to First Home Buyers and the First Home Owners Grant (FHOG). You can get into one of our home and land packages sooner.
HomeBuilder will provide a grant of $25,000 to build a new home where the contract is entered into between 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020.
But what does this mean to you as a First Home Owner? Well, the HomeBuilder Program will complement the existing South Australian First Home Owner Grant program meaning you can get whopping $40,000 to go towards your very own home! Furthermore, this even has the potential to increase to $50K if you're found eligible for the HomeStart Interest Free Starter Loan!
First Home Buyers have partnered up with multiple builders to offer an exclusive builders contribution towards making your first home even more affordable. The First Home Buyers Team will help you apply for this builders contribution, which can be put towards the upfront costs and interest during construction.
First Home Buyers work with an approved broker panel including accreditation with HomeStart to provide finance solutions with low deposits starting from just $3000. Our home and land packages are located all over South Australia and thanks to our builder partners gift we ensure your repayments are covered during construction. All this, along with the First Home Owner Grants, can reduce not only what you need to pay upfront but can put up to $25,000 towards your first home and land package.
If you’re currently looking at becoming a First Home Buyer and you know how much you’re capable of borrowing, our preliminary assessment allows for your eligibility and borrowing capacity to be looked over to assist you in the next steps towards becoming a Home Owner. We look into the best options to suit you and your financial position to get you into your new home quicker without the hassle.
To be eligible for the FHOG you have to satisfy the following criteria:
- You have never owned a residential property in Australia.
- You have never received a FHOG from any other state or territory in Australia.
- You are 18 years of age or older.
- You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- At least one applicant will occupy the home as their principal place of residence for a continuous period of 6 months, commencing within 12 months of settlement or construction of the home.
- Each applicant has entered into a contract for the purchase of a home or signed a contract to build a home on or after 1 July 2000.
We will need to verify your information that may be required to be provided by you when applying for a home and land package (listed below) Please note, this is a guide only – requirements will depend on individual circumstances. Your First Home Buyers SA consultant will be able to assist in confirming the documents required.
Your ID & Information Required
- Driver’s Licence or Passport
- Centrelink Benefit Statement (if applicable)
- 3 months statements for any personal loans, credit cards or store cards to be repaid
- Non-Genuine savings – Rental statement covering the last 12 months and rental agreement
- Genuine Savings – 3 months current bank statement
- Latest 2 Payslips from your employer
Can’t Find Everything?
Its ok, The First Home Buyer Team can still help get your First Home Buyer journey started.
Note: All relevant copies of supporting documentation will need to be provided prior to a full submission. Original or certified copies of current documents required not older than 30 Days